Bank of Blue Valley is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"The Senior Personal Banker will be responsible for assisting customers in a dual role function. The role is responsible for providing an exceptional in-branch customer experience by handling every customer need including sales and service, consumer loan origination, and teller transactions as needed.
A. Transaction Responsibilities
1. Senior Personal Bankers are responsible for offering and selling financial products and services to both consumer and small business customers. Including, but not limited to:
a. Checking and Savings Accounts
b. Consumer Loans
c. Consumer Loan Insurance
d. Home Equity Loans/Lines of Credit
e. Credit Cards
f. Certificates of Deposit
g. Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
h. Health Savings Accounts
i. Deposit only business relationship customers with non-lending needs
2. Operates a teller window to meet the needs of the banking center.
3. Provides exceptional customer service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes bank products or services to customers and actively participates in the referral program and strives to meet goal (as determined by individual bank).
4. Effectively use sales skills such as: effective listening, adapting to differences in customers, identifying needs, expanding and deepening customer relationships, responding to verbal and non-verbal clues, presenting solutions through product benefits, establishing a clear difference, overcoming resistance, asking for the business, completing sale, nurturing relationships, and establishing methods for follow-up.
5. Follow up with prospects and current customers to promote new products and services and/or thanking customers for existing business.
6. Actively monitor the status of key customer relationships to promote business growth and service quality, increase the number of services used per customer to increase both profits and customer retention.
7. Maintains confidentiality in handling customer and bank information.
8. Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
9. Answer questions and solve problems for customers and office staff concerning all services provided by the bank by: listening to problems, collecting information, securing answers and reporting results to the inquiring party.
10. Maintains a detailed level of knowledge on retail products and services and a conversational knowledge of non-retail products (e.g., mortgage, insurance, wealth management)
11. Works collaboratively with the banking team to achieve customer service and sales objectives
12. Actively participates in banking center sales activities
B. Operations Responsibilities:
1. May act as backup to the Branch Operations Supervisor or Assistant Banking Center Manager in their absence as designated.
2. Responsible for teller operations as needed
3. Maintains an acceptable Cash Over and Short account according to the bank policy.
4. Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and Monetary Instrument logs.
5. Must be security conscious and comply with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
6. Opens and closes the banking center according to bank security policy.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
We can provide you the training and support to develop a great career. If you long to join a successful team while expanding your professional skills and experience, then explore a career with us today!
We're committed to being an Employer of Choice providing a positive, professional work culture that takes care of the welfare of our team members. We believe in:
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time