Requisition ID: 2574
Company:Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC
Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC ("Heartland Coca-Cola") produces, sells, and distributes the highest quality and best tasting Coca-Cola beverages across Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois. Our success is rooted in the guiding principles of putting PEOPLE first, serving our local COMMUNITY, and providing great brands to our CUSTOMERS and consumers. We work and win together as a team by promoting a culture that values how our people think, feel, and act.
Maintenance Mechanics provide competent and effective maintenance support to plant operations. The Mechanic will identify, troubleshoot, and repair problems in mechanical systems within production equipment and processes. Executes electrical and test diagnostics and other tasks as needed. This role also performs preventive maintenance and systems upgrades.
- 1:00 PM to 9:30 PM rotating 6 day schedule sat thru Friday
- Performs preventive maintenance on all mechanical/electrical systems and equipment; this includes disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, and calibration.
- Analyzes test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators; troubleshoot/diagnose equipment and system problems based on data received.
- Repairs and maintains the operating condition of production equipment, including reassembly of parts after completion of repair, testing, or inspection.
- Continuously improves technical skills to remain current on equipment installation and operations, including the set-up and programming processes.
- Utilizes welding skills to cut and weld metal for parts repairs, fabrication, and assembly of new equipment.
- Provides operations demonstrations on production equipment for new machine operators; communicates the various safety, control, and operating features in a clear and concise manner.
- Enters repair and maintenance data performed daily into SAP system using proper damage codes.
- Communicates potential mechanical hazards on equipment to appropriate leadership and operators.
- Coordinates completion of work orders with cross-functional team members, to ensure cost-effectiveness and productivity standards are met.
- Ensures that any safety related work orders are given a top priority in operations, ensuring adherence to state and federal regulations as well as company policy and procedures.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives for operations and Heartland Coca-Cola as a whole.
- Provides recommendations on preventative maintenance programs for applicable equipment and improvement opportunities for systems functionality.
- Performs other tasks and special assignments as requested by management.
- Speaking: Often (investigates, coordinates, recommends, reports)
- Acute Vision: Constantly (observing both near and far, reading documents)
- Mobility: Frequent travel throughout facility and equipment
- Bending/Squatting: Frequent bending and squatting to complete maintenance/installation tasks.
- Dexterity: Frequent use of hands to preform maintenance/repair tasks.
- Lifting: Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing: Occasional use of ladders or stairs.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of two years of work experience required.
- Prior experience in the role or equal vocational and technical training.
- Maintenance background should consist of hydraulics, controls, welding, electrical, PLCs, machine tools and pneumatics.
- Working knowledge of hand, power, and electrical testing tools.
- Ability to read and understand one-line diagrams, blueprints, and schematics.
- Strong computer application skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP.
- Capable of identifying defective parts and malfunctions in the production equipment and processes.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other departments.
- Able to work flexible shift schedules, up to 12-hours, that are sometimes deemed necessary due to business needs.
- Understanding and practice of all tasks in a safe manner, ensuring achievement of quality, service, and cost objectives.
- Knowledge of TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance)/AM (Autonomous Maintenance) Pillar Tools including, CIL (Clean, Inspect, Lubricate), SOC (Source of Contamination), RCO (Rapid Changeover), CL (Centerlines), and HTR (Hard to Reach) preferred.
- Prior experience with LEAN principles, including Problem-Solving, TPM, Six Sigma, and Continuous Improvement preferred; includes the application of LEAN tools, such as 5S, Root-Cause Analysis, the 5-Why’s, Fishbone, etc. preferred
At Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC ("Heartland Coca-Cola"), we offer a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, 401(k), new parent leave, tuition reimbursement and vacation.
We require all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to employment. This process will also include a drug screen, a review of Motor Vehicle Records for those who drive for the company as part of their job, and a fit for duty testing as required for some positions. Employment with Heartland Coca-Cola is contingent on the satisfactory completion of its background verification process.
Heartland Coca-Cola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and any other class protected by law.