Intern Job Summary:
Lithko's internship is focused on exposing students to the means and methods of concrete construction through a hands-on, team focused environment. Interns can anticipate accelerated exposure and opportunities with a fun and growing team. Our integration will have interns learning about Concrete Construction through hands-on, in the field experience with one of the industry's leaders. Opportunities for advancement are continuous.
There are many career paths available at Lithko within geographies across the country. Some of your immediate responsibilities will include:
- Engage in the Daily Preparation Process (daily plan) to build commercial concrete construction knowledge through execution of work objectives.
- Own your daily safety, quality, and execution of the assigned work objective or daily task related to the phase of work on the project.
- Plan and execute assigned tasks (work objectives) by performing and utilizing information, tools, and processes appropriate for the task or phase of work
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the phase of work or task assigned by engaging and giving feedback on all aspects of the work objective through performance with the team.
- Track production through various logs including time and quantities and actual versus budget calculations, including an analysis of the reason for variance.
- Understand project scope, schedule, safety, and quality for the assigned projects, and provide analysis/recommendations to Objective Mentors and Integration Managers.
Specific Exposure To:
- Field Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Estimating / take-off
- Footings / piers / grade beams
- Walls / columns
- Slab on grade prep
- Slab on metal deck prep
- Structural slabs prep & forming
- Place finish
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a Construction Management or Civil Engineering program (GPA 2.5 and above)
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Able to work at heights multiple levels above ground
- Self-motivated and Engaged individual
- Organized and able to prioritize
- Eager to learn
- Desire to work hands-on in the field